Sunday, January 23, 2011

Highrise Tola

     Today I'm here to compare me and a guy called Tola who lives Phnom Penh. Before I start comparing, I will tell you information about Tola and after that, I will tell you my life. 


     I fist found him in a website called highrise. There are 12 people with diffrent story, so if you want to hear their lifestyle, you might want to go Highrise

     He is a worker who builds highrise building. He lives at the house that he is building, until the buyer comes. He said he feels bad for himself not studying. He couldn't study because he house was poor that he had to work even he was young. Also, he said he looked outside when it's time for some break. In the building he can see lots of people. He can see teenagers riding motorcycle. He likes looking at the old style of traditional house roof. He says he is proud of his job, but he said it's hard to live with the other workers because of different thoughts.


     So, it was based on Tola's life. Now, what I should do is to explain MY Life, to let you understand how the story goes.

  
     My name is Kevin Jung and I live in an apartment near by Sung Nam. All I can see is apartment blocking the view and no trees. Sometimes you can see some kids playing around the playground but these days, they usually play inside so, it feels really lonely outside. Also I live in 4th floor that I can't see the whole town. By the way I live with my family. My brother is the only one that I can talk with. He knows me very well, and helps me a lot with lots of stuffs, such as mathematic problem. I'm happy even though I'm surrounded by apartments forests. 

     Finally, I will compare me and Tola. I live in an apartment. It looks clean and since lots of Koreans live in apartments, it's actually really good. But listening to his story, his country is very poor that the apartment systems are bad. And his family couldn't afford him studying but I do. He can see lots of thing up his house but all I can see is just apartments. He has a job but I'm a student, I don't have any job. Lastly he lives with his pals, but I live with my family, so I'm happy with that.

     What I like about his life and his personality is that first of all, he tries his best, and think of their family before himself. The reason that I thought about it is because of what he said. He said that he got paid about a dollar at first but he is proud of his job. Also he quit studying because his family was too poor. And I liked that he can see his whole village from the top of his building. All I can see is a boring apartment but he can see what's going on outside everyday!

     I hope that one day, I can success what I liked about him. Thank you

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog Kevin. What more needs to be said? Hmmm.
    .
    .
    .
    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete